The LaPorte Salvation Army is seeking food donations for its new Back Pack program, which provides nutritious food for children from Lincoln Elementary in LaPorte. Each Thursday the SA delivers backpacks full of items for children in need to make sure they have adequate food over the weekend.
The SA is asking the community to consider donating the following food items:
– Canned pasta, 7 ounce; typical brand is Chef Boyardee, but brand not important
– Fruit cups or applesauce cups — 4 ounce each
– 100% fruit juice containers — 4 ounce each (plus or minus)
– Soft protein bars — can be cereal with fruit bars
– Cereal-self-serve bowls, reduced sugar preferred
– Cereal bars with milk, individually packaged, 1 ounce each (plus or minus)
– Soft granola or trail mix bars, preferable low sugar
– Crackers, individual packages, about 1 ounce, such as cheddar cheese, peanut butter or graham.
You can bring these items or cash donations for this project to the Salvation Army of LaPorte at 3240 Monroe St. anytime between 9-12 or 1-4.
The Salvation Army thanks the community once again for your great support!