RI_PRESS_PIC

Food Network’s “Restaurant: Impossible” show is coming to LaPorte’s SEVEN restaurant, 502 State St.! The popular show, featuring Chef Robert Irvine, features renovations of restaurants to boost their appeal. As the show’s website states, “Robert assesses all of the restaurant’s facets and then overhauls its weakest spots by updating menus, retraining staff and implementing aesthetic changes with the help of his design team, before hitting the streets to tell the community about the improved restaurant.”

Food Network is taping at SEVEN on Sept. 18 and 19, and needs volunteers. According to a press release sent to WNLP: “We are looking for individuals to help with the renovation of the restaurant over the two days. Design volunteers will be painting, crafting, construction, remodeling, cleaning, decorating, etc. (depending on your skill set). Always looking for skilled contractors as well in their fields to help out (electricians, plumbers, painters, etc.).”

Volunteers should report for duty at SEVEN on Wednesday, Sept. 18, from 1 to 8 p.m. and Thursday, Sept. 19, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. “This is a volunteer position, but meals will be provided. Also a great way to meet people in your field and contribute to a good cause in the area! You should be okay with being on camera and wear comfortable clothing and sneakers/boots with no logos,” the press release advised.

“Assistants are not limited to one shift. If interested, please email Nick (nick@shootersinc.com) with your preferred shift or shifts, full name, email address and cell number. SUBJECT LINE: FN LA PORTE VOLUNTEERS”

Then a grand reopening of SEVEN is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 19, starting at 7 p.m. Call SEVEN for more information at 219.380.5454.

Here’s some info on the show and how it works from its website: “Restaurant: Impossible continues its successful run as one of the network’s most popular shows, with Robert attempting to save America’s most desperate restaurants from impending failure in just two days with only $10,000. During the course of each extreme mission, Robert assesses all of the restaurant’s facets and then overhauls its weakest spots by updating menus, retraining staff and implementing aesthetic changes with the help of his design team, before hitting the streets to tell the community about the improved restaurant.”

35 Responses to “Food Network’s “Restaurant: Impossible” to transform LaPorte’s SEVEN; volunteers needed Sept. 18 & 19”

1. Julie J

Sep 12. 2013

This is wonderful for Tonya & Chad, for SEVEN, & for LaPorte! Wish I could be there with a paint brush. Can’t wait to see the results!

2. Jennifer Z

Sep 12. 2013

I love this show. I am a Food Network junkie. I wish I could help. Do you know when it will be aired on TV?

3. judie brown

Sep 12. 2013

interested in helping. Anything clean, paint, decorating. Love to help out a good local restaurant.

4. Faith Miller

Sep 12. 2013

Kudos to the owners for not being afraid to move forward and be open to changes!!

5. Kari

Sep 12. 2013

I can’t wait for Chad and Tonya to get this show on the road wish I could transport in from KC to help in anyway!! Love you both goodluck

6. JK

Sep 12. 2013

I wish them well, but I think I’d be embarrassed not effusive, at having that show come in to my restaurant. I’d compare it to bragging about being on Jerry Springer.

• BT

Sep 15. 2013

There is nothing wrong with admitting you need help. I applaud them for having the courage to do so.

7. Shelley

Sep 12. 2013

Do we know when the episode will be aired???

• nessa

Sep 13. 2013

around thanksgiving :)

• Indyrenee

Sep 13. 2013

JK it has nothing to do with the mentality of the Springer Show. This is a business asking for help to keep thier dream from failing & as I see it there isnt a darn thing wrong asking for help.

Sometimes if more people in this World did it we just might of had more local businesses still here.

• Pearly McMahon

Sep 14. 2013

I like Indyrenee reply and would like to say good luck and hope it all works out for the resturant Seven (what ever it takes)

8. Cindy

Sep 12. 2013

Wish I didn’t have to work those days. I would of loved to help. I am a huge fan of the show!

9. Doug Robertson

I believe I can get 5 guys outta of my crews to donate plus my wife and I

10. Rob

Sep 12. 2013

This is awesome to hear! I definitely want to help! I love that building and I want Seven to flourish there! And the chance to meet Robert Irvine would be amazing!

11. Sharon Cook

Sep 12. 2013

I am Chad Cook’s Mother an sooo excited for them. I would like to help cleaning painting, or something.

12. william fries

Sep 12. 2013

I would be honored to paint or do construction. I have a lot of experience. I like to do things the right way, not the easy way..

13. Pam Reed

Sep 12. 2013

I would love to help. I love that place and would be honored to help in anyway. Tonya and Chad, all I can say is WOW. I am proud of you. You have to do whatever it take to achieve your goals.

14. jen

Sep 13. 2013

That was a great place for many years under a couple different owners. Would be great to see it be a great place again. Cant wait to see the place when its done.

15. Cammy Wilber

Sep 13. 2013

I watch this show and would love to be a part of helping with such a great event in our town. I can paint ,decorate and follow directions well . Seven is a nice place and want it to be revived. That building goes back a long way. Was a bus stop along time ago. I would be honored to help out

16. Nessa

Sep 13. 2013

I’m so excited for Robert Irvine to come. Stuff like this never happens in La Porte so it’s really exciting! This is really going to help my family Hoping it’s all gonna work out :)

17. Mickey

Sep 13. 2013

I hope all the people volunteering in these comments actually follow the instructions above on how to volunteer. No one is going to call on you because you posted about your interest here. You have to contact them.

It’s a tough hill to climb, but I hope the owners of this LP restaurant can pull off this turnaround.

18. Merle

Sep 13. 2013

I will be willing to help. See you then.

19. Lynne

Sep 13. 2013

I live in Chesterton and have been wanting to try this restaurant. My Fiancée is a licensed Union Plumber currently laid off and skilled in all aspects of construction and he has submitted his info. to the show to volunteer to help. Good Luck!!!

20. Terry

Sep 13. 2013

Good Luck to you guys! I hope Robert Irvine can make your dreams come true and revive your business and make it a successful restaurant that draws customers from all over.

21. Kym

Sep 13. 2013

My husband and I ate there once…food was delicious and we would love to go back!! We will be back and wish the best to the family!!

22. Mark Lawson

Sep 17. 2013

I do A/C, Heating & refrigeration if you need some help

23. Anna L

Sep 17. 2013

I was unaware until today about all of this. I WILL be volunteering my help in anyway I can. Chef Robert has inspired me in many ways. It will ne an honor to work with him and the Restaurant Impossible crew! So excited!!!

24. Dan T

Sep 18. 2013

Talk with your people today. I hope I can help with some of the special projects we talked about. To the owners, looks like you are getting a good group of folks to help out. With the investment of volunteering I would think that alone will help get everyone to know how great your food is. God Bless!

25. Laurie

Sep 18. 2013

While I’m excited about the help Seven is receiving from Restaurant Impossible, I’m disappointed that all the surrounding businesses will suffer losses because no patrons can shop at them because all the parking spaces are being used by volunteers and crew members. So, Sevens gain is our loss.

• Rose Beck

Sep 18. 2013

Attitudes like “Laurie” is a big reason LaPorte business have gone down the tubes. I’m sure anybody who wants to go to other businesses downtown they will find parking spots. Lighten up!

26. Jayne W

Sep 19. 2013

La Porte sure need a good restaurant, especially to be open on Sunday so we don’t need to go out of town to have a good meal. We hope that is the case with Seven.

27. Ally

Sep 19. 2013

I am right there with you Rose! What a total shame so many people these days posses such bad attitudes. What happened to help your neighbor out in times of need. SO SAD what this world is coming to!

28. Mark

Sep 19. 2013

One of my favorite places to eat, can’t Waite to see the results.

29. dad

Sep 19. 2013

Most people don’t realize and or know, that the chef is a young man of 19 years old. He is doing a wonderful job and is working his way through school as well as running the kitchen at the same Time. I am quite proud of the lad, he has performed quite well. I wish him and the family success.

30. Lynne

Sep 19. 2013

My fiancé volunteered there today and said it was a pretty neat experience. We plan to try out the place real soon. I am jealous because he actually spoke with Chef Robert several times and I am in LOVW with Chef Robert, but my fiancé got Chef Robert’s autograph for me!!! :)